Recipe of Calabacitas Con Queso - Zucchini with Cheese
Instruction for Calabacitas Con Queso - Zucchini with Cheese
- In a saucepan with a lid, combine zucchini, corn, onion, green pepper, tomato, and vegetable oil. Cover, and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Gently stir in the sugar; add cheese on top, but do not stir. Cover, and continue cooking until cheese is melted. Stir, and add remaining cheese; cover, and continue cooking until melted. Serve warm.
Ingredients of Calabacitas Con Queso - Zucchini with Cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds Monterey Jack cheese, cubed