Recipe of Chocolate Salami
Instruction for Chocolate Salami
- In bowl, break the biscuits into small pieces. Do not powder them.
- Add the rum soaked dried fruits and nuts and mix with the broken biscuits.
- Place the butter in a stainless steel or heat proof bowl and place this bowl over a pot of simmering water (double boiler).
- Allow the butter to melt. Add the chopped dark chocolate and allow the chocolate to melt.
- Stir to mix well.
- Once the chocolate melts, add the powdered sugar and mix well. Turn off flame and allow this mixture to cool a bit.
- Add the chopped biscuits and nuts mixture to the butter-chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 15 mt to 20 mts till it lightly hardens but moldable.
- Place a layer of cling film/plastic wrap. Place the chocolate biscuit mixture in the center and shape into a log.
- Tightly wrap the log similar to a 'salami' (italian sausage) shape.
- Twist the ends and tie the ends in a knot.
- Place in the fridge for at least 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Unwrap the cling film and dust with powdered sugar.
- Cut into 1/2" slices and serve.
Ingredients of Chocolate Salami
- Marie Biscuits - 200 gms (OR biscotti/shortbread/any biscuit of your choice)
- Butter - 6 tbsps
- Dark Chocolate - 1 1/3 cups
- Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup
- Toasted nuts of your choice (chopped) OR Rum soaked dried fruits and nuts - 1 cup
- Orange zest - 1 tsp (optional)