Recipe of PRESSURE COOKER POTATO SALAD – ITALIAN STYLE!
Instruction for PRESSURE COOKER POTATO SALAD – ITALIAN STYLE!
- Prepare the pressure cooker with 1½ cups (375ml) of water, and trivet.
- Scrub and wash the potatoes well and cut into about 1" (2.5cm) cubes. Place them in the steamer basket.
- Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Electric pressure cookers: Cook for 5 minutes at high pressure.
- Stovetop pressure cookers: Turn the heat up to high and when the cooker indicates it has reached high pressure, lower to the heat to maintain it and begin counting 5 minutes pressure cooking time.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion finely and set in a small bowl with the vinegar salt and pepper to macerate. Finely chop the parsley stems and leaves.
- When time is up, open the pressure cooker with the Normal release - release pressure through the valve.
- When cooking is finished, transfer potatoes into the bowl with the onions and pour-on the olive oil and mix with the vinegar and onion.
- When the potatoes have cooled to room temperature (about 10 minutes) parsley.
- Serve immediately or chill overnight in the refrigerator.
Ingredients of PRESSURE COOKER POTATO SALAD – ITALIAN STYLE!
- 3 pounds (1.5k) red or new Potatoes, large dice
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped (stems and leaves)
- ¼ medium white or ½ medium red onion, finely chopped (about ⅓ of a cup)
- 3-4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4-5 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt - or to taste
- a dash of freshly ground pepper