Recipe of Slow-Cooker Honey Nut Granola
Instruction for Slow-Cooker Honey Nut Granola
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk honey, water, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg and salt until blended; stir into oat mixture. Cook, covered, on high until crisp, 1-1/2 to 2 hours, stirring well every 20 minutes.
- Stir in cranberries and raisins. Spread evenly onto waxed paper or baking sheets; cool completely. Store in airtight containers. If desired, serve with yogurt.
1/2 cup: 267 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Ingredients of Slow-Cooker Honey Nut Granola
- 4-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/3 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Yogurt, optional