Recipe of Baked Potato Soup
Instruction for Baked Potato Soup
- Heat olive oil on sauté mode of Instant Pot for about 5 minutes. Once oil is glistening hot, add the onions and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes, cashews, garlic, chicken stock and nutritional yeast; stir to combine.
- Cover and switch Instant Pot to soup/stew mode, making sure vent is closed. Once cycle is complete, either let pressure release naturally or switch the vent open to release it quickly.
- Using an immersion blender (or regular blender), carefully purée the hot soup until completely smooth. Be careful not to over-blend or soup will become gummy. Add the salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately, garnishing as you wish.
Ingredients of Baked Potato Soup
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced yellow or white onion
- 8 cups peeled, diced potato (about 3 large russet potatoes)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 6 cloves garlic
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- garnishes: chopped green onion, diced tomato, paleo bacon, chipotle-lime cashew cream