Recipe of Cake Batter Ice Cream
Instruction for Cake Batter Ice Cream
- Whisk together milk, sugar, egg yolks, vanilla, cream, and cake mix in a saucepan until well blended.
- Cook over medium-low heat until mixture reaches 160 degrees F (70 degrees C), stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and place in the refrigerator or freezer until liquid is cold.
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions until it reaches "soft-serve" consistency.
- Transfer ice cream to a one- or two-quart lidded plastic container; cover surface with plastic wrap and seal.
- For best results, ice cream should ripen in the freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Ingredients of Cake Batter Ice Cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup white cake mix, sifted