Recipe of Chinese Cookies
Instruction for Chinese Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts
- 1 cup prepared chocolate fudge frosting
Ingredients of Chinese Cookies
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and shortening. Stir in the egg and vanilla, beat until light and fluffy.
- Combine the cake flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the creamed mixture. Dough will be stiff, you may need to use your hands to mix. Roll dough into a log about 15 inches long, and roll in the ground nuts. Wrap and chill dough for at least an hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/2 inch slices. Place cookies 1 1/2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheets before removing to cool completely on wire racks. When cool, place a dollop of fudge icing onto the center of each cookie.