Recipe of Coconut Shrimp Soup
Instruction for Coconut Shrimp Soup
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil, garlic, ginger and lemon grass.
- Give it a stir, then add the curry, crushed red pepper flakes and the broth.
- Increase the heat to medium-high bringing the broth to a light boil.
- Add the shrimp and reduce the heat to medium. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and cabbage.
- Increase the heat just a bit and as soon as the soup comes to another very light simmer, remove it from the heat.
Ingredients of Coconut Shrimp Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root
- 4 teaspoons minced lemongrass or lemongrass paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups Silk Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 2 cups cabbage, finely shredded
- sea salt to taste
- lime wedges, for serving
- fresh cilantro or parsley, for serving
- green onion, sliced, for serving