Recipe of Mocha Poke Cake
Instruction for Mocha Poke Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 9 x 13 x 2 in baking pan.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl or stand mixer until fully combined, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Pour batter into the greased cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes clean.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool in pan.
- Once cake has cooled, poke holes in the cake, and pour hot fudge or chocolate syrup evenly over the cake.
- Combine all frosting ingredients in a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Spread frosting out over the top of the cake and drizzle with additional chocolate syrup.
Ingredients of Mocha Poke Cake
- 1 Box Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 3.9 oz. Package Jell-O Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 1 tbsp Instant Espresso Powder
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- ¾ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 1½ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Hot Fudge or Chocolate Syrup Frosting:
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Confectioners’ Sugar
- 1/3 cup Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix Powder (dry)
- 1 tbsp Coffee Extract