Recipe of Moroccan Chicken & Olive Tagine
Instruction for Moroccan Chicken & Olive Tagine
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the chicken, carrots, onion, prunes, olives, garlic, flour, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with and cilantro or nuts (optional) and serve with lemon wedges.
Ingredients of Moroccan Chicken & Olive Tagine
- 2 pounds (8) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried prunes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (or ap gf flour)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
- Lemon wedges, for serving