Recipe of Pecan French Toast
Instruction for Pecan French Toast
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, orange juice, milk, sugar, nutmeg and vanilla extract.
- Place bread slices in a tightly spaced single layer in the bottom of a flat dish or baking pan.
- Pour milk mixture over bread, cover and refrigerate overnight, turning once.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat a jelly roll pan, or rimmed baking sheet, evenly with the melted butter.
- Arrange soaked bread slices in a single layer on pan. Sprinkle evenly with orange peel and pecans.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Check slices during last 10 minutes of baking time to avoid burning.
Ingredients of Pecan French Toast
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 (1 pound) loaf Italian bread, cut into
- 1 inch slices
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest