Recipe of Pressure Cooker Herbed Chicken and Shrimp
Instruction for Pressure Cooker Herbed Chicken and Shrimp
- Combine salt and pepper; rub over chicken pieces. Select saute setting, and adjust for high heat, in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Heat oil; working in batches, brown chicken on all sides.
- In a large bowl, combine next five ingredients; pour over chicken. Dot with butter. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 15 minutes. When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select saute setting, and adjust for high heat. Stir in shrimp. Cook until shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes.
1 serving: 606 calories, 34g fat (13g saturated fat), 330mg cholesterol, 1275mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 61g protein.
Ingredients of Pressure Cooker Herbed Chicken and Shrimp
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined