Recipe of Schezwan Chicken
Instruction for Schezwan Chicken
- Coat chicken in corn flour, salt and five-spice powder.
- Brush off excess.
- Stir-fry the chicken until lightly colored.
- Remove from pan.
- Pour off all but 3 tbsp of oil.
- Add chillies, garlic and ginger.
- Cook for 30 seconds before adding onions and all the sauce ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, return chicken to pan, heat through.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Ingredients of Schezwan Chicken
- 1/2 kg boneless chicken breasts
- 4 Tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp five spice powder
- 75 ml oil
- 7-8 dried red chillies
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 6 spring onions - cut into 1' lengths
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Chinese wine/rum
- 1/4 tsp five spice powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp of corn flour - in 1 Tbsp stock/ water