WHAT SHOULD YOU DO TO MAKE YOUR COOKWARE LAST LONG?
If you have been troubling with keeping your cookware in a good condition for a long time, we are here to help. Making your cookware last long is not a difficult task. However, most people ignore or underestimate the basics and small facts. Therefore, follow this guide to ensure that you make your cookware last for a longer time.
Always consider the material
The material of your cookware determines the way of cleaning and maintenance largely. For this, you should know the material of your cookware along with the ideal condition which the material requires. Different cookware construction material demand different upkeep.
Let’s come to the cleaning part
High-quality cookware, regardless of its material and construction, are comparatively safer to cook in whatever intensity you prefer. However, when it comes to cleaning, the wrong methods can result in some real damage to your cookware.
- Stainless steel cookware can experience discolouration and burn stains. Therefore, avoid soaking them for too long. It is always good to use a scrubbing pad and regular dish shop after every use. Dishwasher is good but tough stains will demand manual cleaning. You can also use cleaning products specially made for stainless steel cookware.
- Coated cookware is prone to chipping and scratches. Never use steel scrubbers to clean coated cookware. It is best to soak them and allow the food to release from the surface rather than hard scrubbing the surface. Also, it is best to clean them right away.
- Cast iron will demand a different cleaning approach. It should be cleaned immediately after use without soaking, it can make it rust. Moreover, due to its porous nature, it is better not to use soap for cleaning as it can absorb it. Scrub the food remains, rinse and dry. You can also rub oil inside the pan.
Jump straight into grabbing some maintenance tips
Proper cleaning techniques prove to be a great help in making your cookware last long. However, alongside cleaning, you can follow some best practices to ensure the same. Here are a few tips which can help you in making the cookware last long and maintain the look.
- The use of metal kitchen tools is a big no. using them can result in scratches on the surface. It is advised to use silicone or wooden spatulas or tools while cooking.
- Always consider the material before cooking in a particular cookware. For example, cooking acidic foods in cast iron cookware is a bad decision. The acidity of the food is likely to eat through the metal.
- Coated cookware demands you to be gentle. This is because excessive rubbing or scratching can lead to chipping.
- Try to not stack your cookware on top of each other. Store them by laying side by side of hanging will prevent chipping and scratching.
Buying good cookware is a significant investment. Therefore, take good care of them to make them last long.